Thursday, April 18, 2013

Barbie Month .10 - Peasant Dress




Hello again!
Are we all having fun? I know I am!
Today's outfit is a simple dress, named because of its bodice style. This dress looks so good in a solid colour or with 2 (or more!) and in any length! Have some fun with the length and colours. You could create a whole heap of unique looking dresses from this one pattern.

3.75mm hook
4ply yarn (fingering weight) in one or 2 colours.

1. ch26, in the 3rd chain from hook dc, dc in each stitch across. Join to the top of the first stitch to make a circle.
2. ch2, hdc in the first 4 stitches, ch4, skip 4, hdc in the next 8 stitches, ch4, skip 4, hdc in the last 4, join.
3. ch1, sc in the first 4 stitches, sc 4 times across the ch4 from the previous row, sc in the next 8 stitches, sc 4 times in the next ch4 section, sc in the last 4 stitches, join.
5. ch1, *sc, sc2tg* Repeat around, (you can choose to join and ch1, at the start of each round from here on, or place a stitch marker and sc in continual rounds)
6-9. sc in each stitch around
10. *scin the next stitch, 2sc in the next stitch* repeat around
11. sc in each stitch around
12. Repeat round 10.
13. sc in each stitch around.
Continue to sc around until the skirt is the desired length. End off, weave in ends.

To add a belt.
chain 55, sl st in each chain. Tie around dolls waist. If you want to, secure the belt to the dress at the back with a needle and thread, this will stop kids losing the belt.



8 comments:

  1. I'm certainly having fun! I will do a post on all the outfits I've made from Barbie Month when I get more time. Thank you again for all the great patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pattern, thank you for posting it! I plan to make a few of these, maybe add some embellishments, for my almost-two-year old daughter who got her first "Barb" for Christmas, which she loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very very much thanx for posting this!sure I can crochet but I'm not good enough to create my own patterns. Buying everything is not doable with 2 girl and alllll their barbies. Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very very much thanx for posting this!sure I can crochet but I'm not good enough to create my own patterns. Buying everything is not doable with 2 girl and alllll their barbies. Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 1st Barbie dress and I am so happy, Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't find row 4 on this pattern. please help!

    ReplyDelete